COSMOTE 3G network registers record-high increase this summer throughout Greece30.08.2012
During the first fortnight of August alone, the total traffic handled by the 3G network of COSMOTE increased by 15% compared to the same period last year. On Assumption day alone, celebrated on 15 August, the amount of data traffic generated by the total number of subscribers to the company’s network increased by 42% compared to the same day last year. Especially for this year’s August, COSMOTE offered to the subscribers of its network unlimited mobile Internet to enable them to surf carefree on their holidays from their mobile, tablet or laptop.
Given the wide coverage and the high speeds offered as well in touristic areas of our country, foreign visitors to our country also select COSMOTE network to browse the Internet, with the number of the persons using COSMOTE network simultaneously on a daily basis this August amounting to 500,000 (users).
From Crete to Kilkis and from Corfu to Leros, Agathonisi and Lemnos in the Aegean Sea, the areas in Greece outside the urban centres which are also holiday destinations are in the vanguard of the increase in 3G traffic. The most striking increase is posted in South Ioannina, Thesprotia and Lefkada where the 3G network traffic during the first fortnight of August increased by more than 100% compared to the same period of 2011. The traffic increased by 98% in Preveza, 92% in Kilkis while in Evritania by 73%. In South Rethymno traffic reached 65%, 40% in Corfu while on Patmos, Leros and Agathonisi traffic increased by 15%, once again compared to last year.
In the framework of the comparative survey conducted by the PC Magazine on mobile Internet, COSMOTE has received the distinction of "Maximum 3G network Performance ". The 3G network of the company was distinguished by the prestigious magazine for the fastest, the most reliable and consistent performance in all the spots where the tests took place, registering the highest score at 22Mbps, while also serving the greatest number of subscribers. By focusing on optimising customer experience through ongoing network upgrades during the past twelve months, COSMOTE increased the average user speed by 40% and also extended its already advanced 3G network by 25%. To enable everyone to enjoy surfing the Internet, with the widest 3G coverage in Greece.
- Ubisoft and Humble Bundle have charity offers for ... 2015-09-03
- Samsung Galaxy S6 edge + official hands-on video 2015-08-27
- The new Samsung Gear S2 is coming 2015-09-01
- Telekom announces the results of the “Biggest ... 2015-08-17
- Telekom Romania marks one year on the market, by ... 2015-09-10
- Telekom Romania announces solid financial results ... 2015-08-06
- TIDAL signs extended agreement with Telenor Denmark 2015-08-11
- Results from market research to ComScore - Android ... 2015-08-11
- ZUK Z1 comes with a 5.5" display, metal frame and ... 2015-08-11
- Electronic Sports League introduces an anti-doping ... 2015-08-12